Best Outfits to Wear with Thigh-High (Over-the-Knee) Boots
- by Sahana Kanjilal
- 24th April 2018
Over-the-Knee boots (OTK) elongate your legs with their never-ending features. You can either wear them with mini dresses revealing around 5’’ of your skin or make an overlapping style statement by teaming up with skinny jeans or leggings.
What to Wear with Thigh-High Boots: How to Style them with Cute Outfits
Over-the-Knee Boots with Dresses
- A romper is essentially a summer thing, but along with a pair of flat thigh-high boots, it can easily be a fall sensation. Make sure to choose a structured romper with a more defined waistline like elasticized.
- A thigh-high slit maxi dress showcases one boot and hides the other, making it a dramatic appearance for you to flaunt. Dark floral printed dress and suede or black otk are good to go together. For winter, wear a cropped leather jacket.
- A cinched (belted) sweater dress and thigh-high boots enhance a slim figure nicely, while plus size women may avoid the belted look and go for an oversized baggy sweater. A crochet cardigan, a trench coat, or a pea coat will be a nice add-on.
- A short corduroy dress worn over a crop top or a shirt and thigh-high boots produce a chic look.
- Simple t-shirt dresses and thigh-high boots can be a casual ensemble for a night out party. If you are short and wishing for a longer appearance, then boots with high heels are your pick.
How to Wear Thigh-High Boots with Jeans Outfits
- Skinny jeans tucked inside the boot make petite women appear longer. With simple full sleeve shirts, t-shirts or blouses, the boots will highlight your overall appearance. Plus size women may go for contrasting combinations of jeans and boots for a slimming effect. Fancy blouses or long frock with skinny jeans are a nice ensemble.
- Slim and pear-shaped women can ideally match chunky thigh-high boots with denim shorts for an avant-garde appearance. The color should be coordinated for a perfect fall or winter appearance. Team this up with denim jackets for fighting chilly winds.
- Even if you wear winter attire on top of your jeans, try short sweaters ending around your thighs or ponchos to so that your jeans are visible.In that case, long boots with kitten heel will be your ideal choice.
Skirt Outfits to Wear with Thigh-High Boots
- Short and fitted tan skirts with black or navy blue over-the-knee boots and black turtleneck tops look ideal for winter.
- Even if you wish to opt for a lengthy outfit, try midi skirts with fringes and boots so that your thighs are not entirely covered, yet not wholly revealed either. If the skirt and boots are both in leather, then go for jet black shade for an edgy look.
- Plaid skirts and black crop tops could be good as a black suede thigh-high-boot outfit for a club party, especially for young girls. A long trench coat will perfectly complement the look further if you are going to work.
Over-the-Knee Boots with Leggings
- Long slim fitted tops and leggings are complemented with OTK combat boots for an edgy look. Accessorizing the outfit is necessary, with chunky pieces of necklaces and statement bags.
- For older women, crossing 50s, who are comfortable in wearing stretchable leggings may pair them with asymmetrical tops and over-the-knee boots. If it is a party attire, go for brown boots with fringes.
- A poncho and a pair of leggings combination gives a maternity look and seem complete when flat thigh-high boots are worn along with it. If your poncho is colorful then choose neutral shades for leggings and boots like, tan, suede or at least gray.